Monday 10 May 2021

Naturally Coloured Dark Chocolate Macarons

While I have the natural sources of food colouring, I might as well use it 😊. I have made this dinosaur design a few times over the past one plus year but never using almost purely natural sources of food colouring. So I am happy to say that I have managed to capture their whimsical nature using natural colours as well! 


A little blue and chocolate brown gel food colouring is added to enhance the blue and darker brown colours. Everything else is 100% natural from blue pea flower, spirulina, pandan, cocoa and tuemeric powders. The first 3 powders were bought from Scoop. 


I used the Swiss meringue method for the macaron shells, and baked it together in the same batch as We Bare Bears for my friend (stay tuned for that post in the weeks to come!) 


Piped batter! 

You may refer to this post on how I managed to reduce the appearance of specks on the shell surface when using the natural food powders from Scoop. 

Freshly baked shells! Visibly less specks on the shells as compared to my Sumikko Gurashi attempt! 

I decorated the shells with edible markers and lustre dust, and filled them with dark chocolate ganache


Here is another look at all the designs of dinos being filled! 


These were individually packed to be given away as gifts at a birthday party. 


With love,

Phay Shing 

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Where can I lay my hands on those templates please

    ReplyDelete