Friday, 3 July 2026

Sugar-Free Vanilla Chiffon Bees

 I made some chiffon cake bees and used one of them as a cake topper for a sugar-free gender reveal cake!





The bee means something special to the couple that's why it's included as part of the decoration. I made it sugar-free as requested by my friend but you can make it with white sugar.

BEE MAIN BODY
Egg yolk batter:
16g milk
12g oil
Pinch of salt
1/8 tsp vanilla
20g cake flour, sifted
1 egg yolk
1-2 drops yellow gel colouring (optional)

Meringue:
1 egg white (36-40g)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar 
15-20g sugar of choice*

WHITE WINGS & EYE HIGHLIGHTS
See my previous post for the pandan vanilla chiffon cake recipe that I used.

BLACK EYES
5g butter/oil
5g cake flour
5g icing sugar
5g egg whites
1/16 tsp charcoal powder/black cocoa powder

FEELERS
Angel hair pasta
Black batter for making the eyes

OTHERS
- Pink lustre dust for rosy cheeks
- Black edible marker for mouth & stripe outlines
- Bloomed & melted gelatin used as glue for the wings & eyes. I used a ratio of 1:6 for gelatin:water
- Charcoal powder + water as black paint. I didn't measure as I just added drinking safe water to charcoal powder until it was a good painting consistency. Allow the paint to dry on the chiffon sponge before direct handling to prevent accidental smudges

* I used a blend of sugar replacements & prebiotic soluble fibers instead of white sugar. Unable to disclose type & ratio at the moment.

See the reel for the process of making the bees and the method in the pinned comments of the reel:


with love,
Phay Shing

1 comment:

  1. These little chiffon cake bees are such a creative and thoughtful idea. It’s amazing how a simple dessert decoration can carry a personal meaning and become part of a special celebration like a gender reveal cake.

    The attention to detail in the design, from the tiny wings to the handmade features, shows how much care and passion goes into baking. Creating a beautiful treat while also adapting it to a sugar-free request makes it even more impressive.

    Food, creativity, and personal stories often come together in unique ways. Today, people also share their passions and ideas through many online spaces, including platforms like https://slotexo.it.com/ that reflect the growing connection between creativity and digital communities.

    ReplyDelete