Monday 26 April 2021

Baby Shark Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Macarons

I was scrolling through my posts in the blog and realised this has been sitting as a draft for more than a year 😱😂. Long forgotten Baby Shark macarons filled with dark chocolate ganache and raspberry compote! 


I used Swiss meringue method for these macaron shells. Here are some photos of the piped batter. 



Since only a small quantity was required, I made it along with other small quantity requests. 

Details were added in with royal icing and edible marker. 

Here is a closer look at the yummy filling that balances out the sweetness of macaron shells very well! 


You may refer to this post for the dark chocolate ganache recipe. I follow a rather standard formula for all my fruit compotes. For raspberry, I strain out the seeds, weigh the puree and add about 10 to 15% by weight of sugar, a dash of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Cook over low heat until fruit content is reduced to about half of original weight. 

Let the shells mature with the filling for at heast 24h in the fridge in airtight condition before serving. Always let the macarons sit at room temperature in the airtight condition for at least 15 min before opening. This is to prevent condensation forming on the macaron shells. 

With love,
Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment