Thursday, 20 February 2025

Chiikawa Strawberry Raspberry Macarons

 This is the 11th consecutive year a friend requested for birthday bakes for her daughter. Chiikawa is the character she's into at this point in time so I made some Chiikawa characters in the form of macarons and brown sugar cookies. I am showcasing the macarons in this blog post!

Chiikawa, Hachiware and Usagi!


As usual I used my default Swiss meringue method macaron recipe for the macaron shells. I decorated the shells using edible marker and edible paint.

Decorated macaron shells!

These macarons were rather challenging to make due to the large size, white/pastel colours and small protruding bits. Oven temperature control gets tricky as a temperature that is too low will result in concave hollows and a temperature that is too high will brown the shells.

The macarons are filled with strawberry raspberry Swiss meringue buttercream and jam.



See the video of the process over here:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DFPpPjIyCHN/?igsh=eHU2dTVoZW90MGkx



with love,

Phay Shing

1 comment:

  1. Piping character macarons inspired by the beloved Chiikawa universe turns delicate French baking into an undeniably adorable centerpiece. Recreating the cheerful expressions of Chiikawa, Hachiware, and Usagi requires steady batter consistency and precise template work, but pairing those cute pastel shells with a vibrant strawberry raspberry filling delivers a bright, tart berry contrast to the sweet almond meringue. For anyone taking a quick breather from sketching character piping guides, perfecting fruit ganache fillings, and looking for engaging digital entertainment to check out, feel free to visit https://oscarspins.ro.

    ReplyDelete