Friday 17 May 2024

Optimus Prime & Bumblebee Macarons II

 My friend wanted some Optimus Prime and Bumblebee macarons for her son's birthday and I took the chance to challenge myself. Although I made these way back in 2018 over here, I thought of trying the full body versions this time round!


I used my default Swiss meringue method to make the shells.


Checkout the awesome feet on the shells!

I added in the details after baking using edible marker and cake paint from Sweet Sticks.


I filled the macarons with strawberry-raspberry stabilized ganache that is temperature stable enough to stay at room temperature during this heat wave period in Southeast Asia (but don't leave it out in the sun of course!). I packed it with lots of fruit too! To make it temperature stable and safe for leaving it out of the fridge for some time, I made the filling dairy -free.

Dairy-free berry ganache for macarons 
240g white chocolate couverture 
80g berry jam (cook and reduce berries of choice with 10% sugar)
5g freeze dried berry powders
10g light corn syrup
pinches of salt
1/4 tsp strawberry emulco
3g gelatin bloom in 12g ice water
2g soy lecithin added with chocolate to melt (optional)

Steps:
1. Melt chocolate with soy lecithin to 41C
2. Heat corn syrup, berry powder, salt, emulco and jam until warm, about 46C
3. Melt bloomed gelatin. mix with warm liquid ingredients.
4. Add 3. to warm melted chocolate. Stir briefly and emulsify with blender.
5. Press cling wrap to surface, leave at aircon temperature to firm up for an hour or fridge for 30 min. Transfer to piping bag and pipe onto macaron shells



Watch the video tutorial with my tips on how to make macaron shells that are smooth, sturdy and have even feet all around for complex shaped characters like these in my reel:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6aL_ykS25e/?igsh=Mjk1MmlmMDUwaDVl


I had feedback that the macarons tasted fantastic, full of fresh berry flavour!


with love,

Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment