Thursday 2 May 2019

Naturally Coloured Salted Caramel Chick Macarons (Junior chef class)

If you would like to learn how to make macarons in a cute and simple design with your child, why not join me for this chick macaron class 😊. This chick design is adapted from the one in my Macaron Basics book. Health conscious parents will be pleased to know that the yellow and orange colouring used to colour the macaron shells are totally natural. I use turmeric and pumpkin (or carrot) to add the colours.


The filling I chose is a flavour that is popular with kids -- salted caramel.  We fill the macaron shells with salted caramel cream cheese in a ring, followed by yummy gooey salted caramel in the middle. I will be teaching the French method of making the macarons. French method is the simplest method logistically out of the three methods that I use.

As macarons are quite technical, I don't recommend kids that are too young to join. Preferably age 8-15. The older they are, the more hands on they are able to be 😊. But parents with younger kids don't fret. I promise there will be another junior chef class coming shortly after this class in early July that is suitable for younger kids, also with the theme of natural food colouring and it will be fun!

Please click on this link for more information and to register.

With love,
Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment