Monday 1 January 2018

Rainbow Unicorn and Shooting Star Macarons

A colourful post to kick-start 2018! It's a way overdue post but it's something I'd love to share :)

Ever since my unicorn and rainbow shooting star macarons made their debut  in early 2016, many people have replicated it with their own style but using the templates I provided on the blog. I was feeling whimsical when piping this batch of macarons and decided to change the design slightly. And therefore a unicorn with rainbow wings is born!


I used the reduced sugar recipe for the macaron shells here. Both regular and reduced sugar recipes can be found here. You may refer to my Creative Baking: Macarons book for a systematic presentation of the basics and complex shaped macarons. You may refer to my video tutorials for macaron basics and piping of complex shapes on the blog too.

Just to share some pictures of the process...

Piping rainbow shooting stars!

Impromptu decision to pipe rainbow wings on two of them

Freshly baked shells!

Filling with lemon curd and lemon white chocolate ganache


Thank God the macarons were very well received!

Have a blessed new year ahead!

With love,
Phay Shing


No comments:

Post a Comment