Monday 4 May 2015

'Rainbow over Lake' Rainbow Tiers Chiffon Cake


This is a very special cake for a dear friend’s Rainbow Baby's manyue. The baby is the beautiful Rainbow after the rain and God’s special gift because God Heard. As I knew her personally, the Rainbow Baby and the cake has special meaning to me and all of her family and friends who love her.

The top is inspired by a Rainbow arching over a Lake after the rain. I made the center hole of the chiffon cake into a lake with blue cake. Too bad it can't be clearly seen from this picture angle.

The tiers making up the chiffon cake are made from Rainbow colors from the top to the bottom. The different tiers have different flavors as I prefer to use natural food coloring to reduce the amount of coloring used. I also thought that it would be nice to have a multi-flavored cake so that there’s a flavor for everyone and also the multi-flavored Lego chiffon cakes were well-liked.

The top tier is made from Strawberry chiffon cake, the orange layer is made from Orange chiffon cake. The second tier is Lemon chiffon cake with zest, and the green layer is Pandan chiffon cake. The bottom tier is Vanilla chiffon cake with Blue pea flowers. The flowers themselves are not vibrant enough so I had to top up with gel food colouring, and lastly the purple layer is made from Blueberry chiffon cake (remember to filter the juice). I had to bake many rounds of different chiffon cakes and it’s my first time baking so many different types on a big scale, so needless to say, after a while I was trying hard not to get confused and it took one tiring day just to bake finish everything.

I hope it will be a special memory for them. Super thankful she shared everyone loved the cake! There was lots of love seen at the party too. 

Happy full month to Rainbow Baby Samantha!! You are dearly loved.

The recipe for a smaller cute version of the Rainbow Tiers Chiffon Cake is now in Creative baking: Chiffon Cakes. You can find a detailed recipe with picture guide on how to make it there.


With lots of love,
Susanne

15 comments:

  1. It's so bright and colourful, what a lovely way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eimear Anne! It was really a joy to bake for and celebrate with the Rainbow baby :)

      Delete
  2. I want to order this cake from you 4 my children's birthday. Would u mind telling me how to contact you? Im from Shah Alam. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks! You can drop me an email in the About Us page. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Susanne,
    Thank you for the lovely cake & the meaningful story.

    Wow! only one day to finish the cake. How do u do this?
    *Need to make the egg batter & beat the egg white for each cake?
    *Do I need to rewash the mixing bowl after each time? Will residual beaten egg white/ egg batter in each bowl respectively affect result?
    * Can freeze the chiffon cake?
    Thank you.

    Lim Mei

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean, do I make the egg batter & beat the egg white separately for each cake or can I increase recipe & do it all at once?

    Also, after each bake, how do I ensure the mixing bowls & equipment r washed thoroughly? Just detergent or need to give a final rinse for the mixing bowl for beating egg white with vinegar?
    Thank you again for your patience...

    Lim Mei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lim Mei,
      You can't do it all at once due to the oven capacity and the meringue will break down while waiting. So I did them separately and washed normally with detergent. It took 3-4 rounds of baking. You can freeze thin layers of chiffon cakes. But for big donut chiffon cakes, I have tried a few times, the results are not so good and the texture is more dry so I will not recommend. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Susanne!

      Delete
  5. Dear Susanne, the skin of the cakes look flawless, did you use the "water-bake" method (with water at the bottom layer of the oven?
    Did you support the bake with dowel? If yes, can you advise how to do it for chiffon cakes with hollow in the middle?
    Thank you for your advice in advance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes I use 'water-bake' usually for my cakes. Yes the dowel support is like normal tier cakes. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Hello! I was referred to your blog via my colleagues, and I was instantly drawn to how attractive your creations are!
    My baby is turning 1 in mid September. Can I know how much you charge for this cake plus delivery (to Tampines)?

    - Eric

    I can be contacted at ngmh1512@gmail.com. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi can you drop me an email suslovingcreations@gmail.com? Thanks

      Delete
  7. I just experience the wonders of Dr Zico herbs. Nature will continue to bless you Dr Zico more abundantly for the good work you are doing in peoples life by curing them from different type of diseases. I will keep on testifying about your good work. I was living with diabetes type 1, 6 months ago and my doctor told me that there is no cure. I did not believe him and i kept my faith up hoping that one day i will be cured from this horrible disease. One day i saw a post on diabetes forum about a herbal doctor called Dr Zico on how he cured people from diseases with his root and herbs and i quickly contacted Dr Zico on his email and explained my problem to him and he told me not to worry that he is going to cure me and truly he prepared the herbal medicine and sent it to me through UPS and gave me instructions on how to take it. After three weeks of taken the herbal medicine , i went to my doctor for checkup and my diabetes result show Negative and my doctor told me that there is no trace of diabetes in my body and the diabetes is completely gone. If You are out there with any form of sickness or problem,you can also be cured from any type of diseases by contacting Dr Zico on his Email: zicoherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart is so filled with joy, thank you so much Robinson buckler for curing me. If you are reading this and you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease or you want to fix your broken marriage/relationship or maybe get back with your Ex husband, Ex wife, Boyfriend or girlfriend you can contact this Email address: {{Robinsonbuckler}}@yahoo. com,...........

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was suffering from Herpes for good three years with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and because I was unable to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. If you need his help or you also want to get cured just the way I got mine,He also have herbs medicine to cure the following diseases;Contact. Robinson.buckler ((@)) yahoo. com____________
    CANCER
    EPILEPSY.
    HIV AIDS.
    DIABETICS
    STROKE.
    EXPANDS OF PENIS BREAST
    HERPES.
    SYPHILIS.

    ReplyDelete