Saturday 20 January 2024

Year of the Dragon Lunar New Year Greeting

It's my annual tradition to create a new year greeting showcasing all the major genres of bakes I work with. Here's what I made welcoming The Year of the Dragon!


What's in this picture?
1. Chiffon cake mandarin oranges. This year marks 10 years since I made my first mandarin orange chiffon cake oranges back in January 2014!
2. Macaron teacups on saucers. One of my signature 3D macaron creations.
3. Choux pastry dragon suit head, horns, frills and paws. I couldn't think of how to incorporate choux and marshmallow in a coherent creation until I thought of the rabbit in dragon suit idea. Glad it worked out!
4. Marshmallow bunny face and ears, as well as dragon wings. I made a fully marshmallow version of the rabbit in dragon suit too!

Watch the video in this post to see the squish in the marshmallow parts!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2WADcgSJVH/?igsh=MTEyczdsMzFsYXY3NQ==


with love,

Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment