Tuesday 7 February 2023

Sugar-Free Apple Raspberry Marshmallow Bouquet

 I have finally gotten started at writing my marshmallow book! In the process of writing, I need to test out the recipes and of course make the items for photography for the professional photographer to shoot in due time. I made zephyrs before but wondered if sugar-free versions will work as well. Zephyrs are agar-based marshmallows so they are vegetarian-friendly. I am pleasantly surprised the use of sugar replacements was all right and the marshmallow batter remained in a workable consistency!


I tried to use natural food colouring as far as possible. I used matcha powder for the green leaves and raspberry puree for the pink. I did use a little strawberry paste from commercially sold source but most of the colouring is natural.

Here's a closer look at the tulips piped using  Russian tip.


And a closer look at the roses piped using a petal tip.


Using Granny Smith apples as the fruit base helps a lot as the pectin content is high. It's tartness also helps to temper the sweetness level of these marshmallows so they end up being only mildly sweet but full of fruity flavour!

I love the fact that besides looking pretty, these marshmallows are low in fat, high in fiber and the only contribution to glycemic index is from the fruit used!

See these marshmallows in squishy action and their cross sections over here:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cn6z4U0AOfJ/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

Detailed recipe will be shared in my upcoming book Deco Marshmallows.


with love,

Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment