Friday 7 October 2022

Knights, Horses and Dragon Macaron Carousel

A client who loved my work so much she decided to order a similar macaron carousel this year! Presenting my first attempt at making a jumbo macaron carousel!

Of knights, horses and dragon with kissy lips!

Z the knight faces school bravely this year as he is armed with school bag, pencil and book, and of course his armour! I used my default Swiss meringue method recipe and split the baking sessions over three days as the number of colours involved is insane 😅.


I made a reel on how to pipe the large circle:


The largest circle is 16cm instead of my standard 13cm. This is to accomodate 6 characters on poles instead of my usual 5. The template for the standard sized macaron carousel can be found in my Macaron Basics book.

Here are some pictures of the character macaron shells before and after adding in the details with royal icing, edible marker/paint and lustre dust.

Before decoration

After decoration



I filled the macarons with dark chocolate ganache and a firm vanilla lemon white chocolate ganache. Some coarsely chopped toasted walnuts were added to give some change in texture without adding more sugar.


The paper straw poles were glued to the bottom with royal icing before filling to prevent the characters from sliding down the poles.

Firm vanilla lemon white chocolate
Ingredients:
160g white chocolate (finely chopped or use chips)
1.5 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt (1/8 tsp fine salt)
10g lemon juice

I decided to take a last minute photo of the loose pieces that didn't end up on the carousel after I kept the lighting equipment so pardon the poor lighting here!

You may see the reel of assembling the carousel frame over here:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjO8XDhgeiZ/?igshid=NjZiMGI4OTY=


with love,

Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment