Thursday 23 April 2020

We Bare Bears Choux Pastries with Whipped Ganache

I was playing around with whipped ganache to create different types of bears for a junior chef class and I couldn't resist making these!

We bare bears in Choux pastry "boxes"! 

Recipes for whipped ganache for choux pastry can be found in my Deco Choux pastries book. There isn't a fixed ratio of chocolate to cream because it depends on how firm you need the ganache to be. I add a little butter to increase the fat content, making the ganache more stable. Feel free to add complementary flavourings that you like to whipped ganache.

Just a little secret tip on how I manage to shape these piped ganache. Use a clean, damp (not dripping wet) finger to gently tamp down any unwanted peaks or bumps in the piped ganache. That is how I achieved smooth tops on the bear heads as well.

Recipe for the choux pastry case with the craquelin can be found in this post. Do adjust baking temperature and time according to your oven as each oven is different.

A peek of half eaten choux pastry 🤣...



With love,
Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment