Monday 20 March 2017

Rilakkuma & Kiiroitori Earl Grey Lavender Macaron Carousel

My dear friend who has been a loving sister in Christ and have always so encouraging requested this for her daughter's birthday. Presenting my sweet girly Rilakkuma and Kiiroitori macaron carousel!


I filled the carousel with Earl Grey lavender filling as requested. I added both dried lavender and Earl Grey together in the mix.

I used the reduced-sugar macaron shell recipe. Both regular and reduced sugar recipes can be found here. You may refer to my Creative Baking: Macarons book for a systematic presentation of the basics and complex shaped macarons. You may refer to my video tutorials for macaron basics and piping of complex shapes on the blog too. You may refer to this post for the dimensions of the shells required to make the carousel and the respective baking times. I piped a scalloped roof like the one similar to the sheep macaron carousel as I think it's really pretty and it is very helpful for positioning the paper straws during the assembly. Checkout the sheep carousel post for detailed steps of assembly.

Just to share some photos of the process...

Piping Kiiroitori

Piping Rilakkuma

I had extra batter so I made some Rilakkuma heads

Shells were decorated with edible marker

Partially assembled carousel. Don't they look like they are pole-dancing? :p

So glad that the overall girly and sweet effect was carried across :)

With love,
Phay Shing


No comments:

Post a Comment