Sunday 23 November 2014

Shooting Stars Rainbow Orange Chiffon Cake


Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are :)

This is big rainbow chiffon cake with colorful shooting rainbow stars for a little boy turning 2 years old! The chiffon cake is made of rainbow colors as his mum likes colorful but rearranged to have yellow as the top as we thought pink would be too girly for a boy. His first word was 'star' so his parents decided to theme his birthday 'star'!

The rainbow chiffon cake is orange flavored and I used the same recipe as my Little Twin Stars Rainbow Orange Chiffon Cake except that I have rearranged the colors yellow, orange, pink, purple, blue and green (from top to bottom). In addition, I have added orange zest in for stronger flavor. I have also pre-baked an orange star topper and several rainbow-colored layer cakes (orange chiffon, 1 egg yolk recipe each) to cut out stars of rainbow colors as well as his name.

And yes, it's another pinata cake! This time I hid some colorful surprise inside the cake ^_^. Here's another look at the 'boyish' rainbow layers!


Happy birthday to Jonathan!

With love,
Susanne


No comments:

Post a Comment