Wednesday 27 April 2022

Angry Bird Hatchlings Marshmallows

While making a batch of brown sugar teddy bear plushiemallows for my friend, I made some marshmallows in the semblance of my kids' favourite plushies! 

Blue and green hatchling plushiemallows!

These were made with the same recipe and batch as this post so you may head over there for recipe. I would have preferred using all white sugar so I didn't have to compensate so much for the light tanned colour caused by the brown sugar but I didn't want to end up having too much marshmallow by making separate batches!

As usual I mark out the size and rough shape of the character so that they turn out approximately the same size and shape. I used a measuring spoon here.

Marking out the shapes on bed of cornstarch. You may use a mix of icing sugar and cornstarch if you wish.

Freshly piped marshmallows!

And of course I have to reveal the plushies I based my creation on!


Here's a video of the plushiemallow in action!


As mentioned previously, I prefer toasting marshmallows instead of floating them in beverages because toasting marshmallows bring out a wonderful caramel aroma and taste that cannot be found in untoasted ones. I didn't bake any Graham crackers at the time of making these plushiemallows so I used the plain crackers we have at home instead.

My kids had a good laugh seeing their edible versions of the plushies sunburnt😆


with love,

Phay Shing


No comments:

Post a Comment