Monday 1 May 2017

Snorlax Ondeh-Ondeh Giant Macaron Cake Topper

This was a last minute request that I accomodated along with my Ondeh-Ondeh sheep macarons. Snorlax Ondeh-Ondeh cake topper!


As mentioned in my sheep macaron post, the surface of the shell is rougher due to the addition of dessicated coconut. But the taste of the macaron is awesome and I dare say, my Ondeh-Ondeh macaron recipe is one of the best macaron flavour that I have made.

This cake topper is about 10cm in size. Baking time for such large macaron shells is usually about 40-50 minutes, with the first 10-20 minutes at a higher baking temperature of 130-140℃. Reduce oven temperature to 110℃ after 15-20 minute mark onwards. Always use the lowest rack for baking to prevent browning.

Just to share some pictures of the process...

Piping top and bottom shells

Checkout the awesome feet on freshly baked shells!

Filling the macaron with Pandan caramel whipped white chocolate ganache and oozy Gula Melaka.


This is one big "Ondeh-Ondeh" for the birthday kid to enjoy!


With love,
Phay Shing


No comments:

Post a Comment