While preparing for my "cat in ice-cream cone" marshmallow class, I couldn't resist making these adorable birds because I can use the exact same batter for the brown and white parts of the birds.
Long-tailed Hokkaido tit marshmallows modeled after the figurine version which is also in this picture. Can you identify the figurine amongst the marshmallows?
Here's a video of the piping tutorial:
Here's a works-in-progress shot of the piped marshmallows...
I am so glad that I can colour marshmallows brown naturally with low fat cocoa powder from Callebaut ever since it became available from Redman!
Low fat cocoa powder (<1%) is excellent for meringue-based bakes like macarons, meringue cookies, chiffon sponges and of course piped character marshmallows because most easily available cocoa powder have much higher fat content of 20-25% which deflates the meringue quickly, resulting in dense bakes.
Fluffy chocolate marshmallows are now possible! stay tuned for an upcoming chocolate marshmallow character in a future post!
with love,
Phay Shing



These playful marshmallows combine sweet honey with bright yuzu citrus for a light, refreshing flavour. Inspired by the charming long-tailed tit, they are as delightful to look at as they are to enjoy. For more creative food ideas and recipes, lamalucky casino offers plenty of inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThat piping tutorial video is super helpful too. I've always been intimidated by shaped marshmallows, but seeing your works-in-progress shot makes it look almost doable! The tip about using low-fat cocoa powder from Callebaut is pure gold - I had no idea regular cocoa powder could deflate meringue that quickly. No wonder my previous attempts at chocolate marshmallows turned out so dense and sad! Speaking of sweet creations, I've been exploring some fun culinary adventures myself lately at chickenroad - it's amazing how many creative possibilities open up when you experiment with flavors and techniques. Just like your yuzu honey combination, sometimes the most unexpected pairings create the most memorable results!
ReplyDelete