I made some chiffon cake bees and used one of them as a cake topper for a sugar-free gender reveal cake!
The bee means something special to the couple that's why it's included as part of the decoration. I made it sugar-free as requested by my friend but you can make it with white sugar.
BEE MAIN BODY
Egg yolk batter:
16g milk
12g oil
Pinch of salt
1/8 tsp vanilla
20g cake flour, sifted
1 egg yolk
1-2 drops yellow gel colouring (optional)
Meringue:
1 egg white (36-40g)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
15-20g sugar of choice*
WHITE WINGS & EYE HIGHLIGHTS
See my previous post for the pandan vanilla chiffon cake recipe that I used.
BLACK EYES
5g butter/oil
5g cake flour
5g icing sugar
5g egg whites
1/16 tsp charcoal powder/black cocoa powder
FEELERS
Angel hair pasta
Black batter for making the eyes
OTHERS
- Pink lustre dust for rosy cheeks
- Black edible marker for mouth & stripe outlines
- Bloomed & melted gelatin used as glue for the wings & eyes. I used a ratio of 1:6 for gelatin:water
- Charcoal powder + water as black paint. I didn't measure as I just added drinking safe water to charcoal powder until it was a good painting consistency. Allow the paint to dry on the chiffon sponge before direct handling to prevent accidental smudges
* I used a blend of sugar replacements & prebiotic soluble fibers instead of white sugar. Unable to disclose type & ratio at the moment.
See the reel for the process of making the bees and the method in the pinned comments of the reel:
with love,
Phay Shing



They're a detailed duo
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Deletethis bee cake is such a cute idea, especially with the meaning behind the bee for the couple. i like that the recipe can be made sugar-free or with regular sugar, depending on what works best. the little details like the black eyes, wings and feelers must make the finished cake look really charming. it would be a fun project for a special celebration or even a themed birthday. https://inca-spins-canada.ca/bonus
ReplyDelete