Friday, 31 July 2026

Bulldog and Poodle Dark Chocolate Pistachio Macarons

 My friend requested for bulldog macarons again for her dad's birthday after 10 years. This time round there are poodles joining them!

 

I filled the macarons with dairy-free tropical weather stable dark chocolate ganache and homemade pistachio butter lightened with some Swiss meringue buttercream. You may see this post to see the version I made 10 years ago.

This may seem like a routine character macaron bake for me but it's only the second time I am using a single oven to oven dry and bake complex character macarons at home because I had been super scared of cracking the shells after spending a long time piping! So glad to have figured out the drying and baking temperature settings to make it work with my new oven that I bought end of last year!

I used my default Swiss meringue method recipe. Here's a picture of all the macaron shells with the dogs partially decorated finish with edible marker and paint for the shadows.

The round shells made from leftover batter were oven dried then baked too! Such a time saver!

Fully decorated macaron shells. I used a sprinkle for the medallion and a little royal icing for the collar and tongue

Close up views of the filled macarons...



The reel for the process of making these dog macarons:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DbWxv69SpVy/?igsh=bzA2OHpwZnp0ejVj


Thank God they were very well received!


with love,

Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment