Friday, 3 April 2026

"Penguin on Ice" Marshmallows with KitKat Surprise

 I had a request for some penguin marshmallows with KitKat balls hidden inside them. This was what I made!




Checkout the video of the process over here:

Recipe can be found here.

I actually made 3 batches of marshmallow batter for creating 30 penguins because the batter only remains pipeable for limited time even if I store unused batter in a warm place (breadproofing box). I had leftover marshmallow batter to deal with because of that. As it was around the time for Easter, I decided to melt the leftover batter and set it in a tray to cut egg shapes out. 


I made S'mores out of it along with leftover brown sugar cookie dough I had in the freezer to use up.



And because the egg-shaped S'mores were made from marshmallow cutouts, I had to deal with the leftovers of the leftovers 😆. I remelted the marshmallow and set them in cupcake cases to make these S'mores, which I took the chance to use up extra KitKat balls too.

The "flower petals" are the extra penguin wings that I didn't use 🤭


I had enough leftovers to generate these!




with love,

Phay Shing

4 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Can't wait to try to bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 😊 Have fun marshmallowing!

      Delete
  2. These penguin marshmallows are such a fun idea, and the hidden KitKat surprise makes them even better. I love creative treats like this, especially when they look almost too cute to eat. I found spinsy casino while looking for similar dessert ideas and thought it was really inspiring. The finished penguins turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These adorable “Penguin on Ice” marshmallows are a fun sweet treat that combines fluffy marshmallows with a delicious KitKat surprise. They are especially appealing for parties, winter-themed celebrations or simply as a playful homemade dessert.

    The idea is wonderfully simple. Marshmallows provide the soft, fluffy base, while pieces of KitKat hidden inside add a crunchy chocolate-and-wafer center. The outside can then be decorated to resemble a little penguin, turning an ordinary marshmallow into an eye-catching treat.

    The best part is the surprise when you take a bite. The combination of soft marshmallow and crisp wafer creates an enjoyable contrast in texture, while the chocolate adds extra richness. Small decorative details can make each penguin unique, so this is also a recipe where children can have fun helping with the decorating.

    These treats can easily become part of a dessert table alongside cookies, cupcakes and other bite-sized sweets. Whether you're making them for a special occasion or just looking for a creative kitchen project, “Penguin on Ice” Marshmallows with KitKat Surprise are a charming way to make simple ingredients feel much more festive.

    For more sweet treats, recipes and everyday food inspiration, chicken road offers plenty of ideas to explore.

    ReplyDelete