Wednesday 15 August 2018

Woodland Creatures Choux Pastry

My schedule is pretty much packed from now till end of the year. Whenever I have time, I try to play around with Choux pastry designs as there is so much potential for creativity! Presenting my Choux pastry version of woodland creatures on a tree stump!



The stump is made from a large Choux pastry case too so yes, everything is Choux pastry based.

I had fun creating this whimsical bake and my friend is happy to take all my creations, which includes some other designs that I will share in due time. As for what filling I used, I made three types of Jell-O instant pudding for her to try. Vanilla, white chocolate and lemon. I followed the package instructions except that I replaced half of the milk with whipping cream.

As this may be featured in my next Creative Baking book on Choux pastries, I am unable to provide the full recipe. But you may refer to any recipe on the blog that uses cookie dough on top of the piped pastry batter as a reference for the animal heads, and any recipe for the tree stump.

Great to know from my friend that the pastries were yummy!

With love,
Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment