Wednesday 30 November 2016

'Sheep in Rainbow Scarf' Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Macarons

Someone requested for "rainbow sheep" macarons from me. The original design was each sheep has all the colours of the rainbow in stripes. Sometimes, I don't give requesters what they originally ask for as I think something else along the same theme but different design will end up cuter and more visually pleasing. Here's my interpretation of "rainbow sheep". Cute sheep donned in rainbow coloured scarves, in time for the winter season in the northern hemisphere :).


If you find these sheep familiar, it is because they are made using the template from my Creative Baking: Macarons book. I replaced the collar and bell with the scarf.

I used the reduced sugar recipe for the macaron shells here. Both regular and reduced sugar recipes can be found here. You may refer to my Creative Baking: Macarons book for a systematic presentation of the basics and complex shaped macarons. You may refer to my video tutorials for macaron basics and piping of complex shapes on the blog too.

Here's a freshly baked shell...


Decorating the shells with black edible marker and royal icing...


I filled the sheep with a ring of dark chocolate ganache followed by salted caramel in the middle.


I hope these cute sheep puts a smile on your face :).

With love,
Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment