Friday 11 November 2016

Lego Friends Themed Neapolitan Macarons

A friend requested for some Lego Friends themed macarons. Here they are :)

There's hedgehog, handbag, butterfly, ribbon, $100 bill and Lego figurine head

You may accuse me of being lazy by not typing out the full recipe :p. It's because it's the same and I don't want to repeat myself for something that is tried, tested and the recipients love. But I promise to do a detailed write-up if and when I see the need to provide more information.

I used the reduced sugar recipe for the macaron shells here. Both regular and reduced sugar recipes can be found here. You may refer to my Creative Baking: Macarons book for a systematic presentation of the basics and complex shaped macarons. You may refer to my video tutorials for macaron basics and piping of complex shapes on the blog too.

Just to share the photos of the piped shells...

Ribbons!

Rectangles for the $100 bill

The circular indents on these butterflies were made using a drinking straw when the shells are partially dried

Handbags!

Lego figurine head

Hedgehogs!

Freshly baked shells! I baked some pirates along with this set.

Decorated with royal icing and edible marker

You may refer to this post for the recipe for Neapolitan filling -- dark chocolate, strawberry and vanilla white chocolate ganache.

Don't they look delectable with the fillings showing :)

With love,
Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment