Wednesday 2 November 2016

Finding Dory Macarons

Here are some Finding Dory themed macarons -- Dory, Nemo, Destiny, Bailey and Hank!



I used the regular recipe for the macaron shells. Since the basic recipe is the same, I won't type it out here. Both regular and reduced sugar recipes can be found here. You may refer to my Creative Baking: Macarons book for a systematic presentation of the basics and complex shaped macarons. You may refer to my video tutorials for macaron basics and piping of complex shapes on the blog too.

Just to share some photos of the process...

Piping Dory

Piping Nemo

Piping Hank

Piping Bailey

Piping Destiny

Freshly baked shells!

The shells are decorated using royal icing.

I filled the shells with either dark chocolate or vanilla white chocolate ganache. You may find the recipe here.



So glad to be able to bring the characters to live in the form of macarons!

With love,
Phay Shing


4 comments:

  1. Could you please share your dory template??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please share your dory template??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please share your dory template??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aline,
      You may easily find the pictures of the characters from the internet. I don't share my homemade templates for trademarked characters. Sorry about that

      Delete