Tuesday 26 January 2021

Why are macarons difficult to make?

I am finally launching my new Youtube channel! This has been about 5 months in the making with long periods of musing over content or long breaks when I was too busy to work on Youtube stuff due to classes, bakes for sale or family. I have been wanting to share what I know about this topic of why macarons are difficult to make for the longest time! 

Meet the hosts of my new channel! 


I love cats so naturally the hosts are kitties. My new channel is named "Baking with Phay" because most of my followers are from the west and somehow the name "Phay" stuck with me when people address me although my name is Phay Shing. 



My younger kid composed and played the opening jingle for the video, which will appear on all my subsequent videos. The focus of this channel will not be on recipe sharing with full length demonstration on how to create specific bakes. There are plenty of those out there. What I want to focus on in this channel is techniques. Genre of bake will be varied but will be mostly on macarons and choux pastry with the occassional random other bakes. I prefer to keep my direction and options open. 

What compelled me to start this channel is from my own baking experience as a homebaker and from teaching at various baking studios. I want to share what I feel new bakers would need to know when they are first starting out, stuff I wish I knew when I first started. Postings may not be regular as I still have a lot to handle at home and at baking classes. 

Here's a sneak peek at the answer to the question "Why are macarons difficult to make?" 



Without further ado, here's the video on my new YouTube channel! 


I hope you found it helpful! 


With love, 

Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment