Thursday 16 February 2017

PJ Masks Brown Sugar Cookies

Sometimes I am a little hesitant to post seemingly simple looking bakes like this. But not to do so would not be representative of the repertoire I make. Presenting my PJ masks brown sugar cookies!


I have always used the same brown sugar cookie and royal icing recipes because the feedback is always awesome. Cookies are about the simplest type of bakes compared to chiffon cakes or macarons because they have a bigger margin for error don't need electric mixers. Checkout this post for the detailed recipe for the cookie and icing.

As usual, I made my own templates for cutting out the cookie dough and for decorating the cookies. Please refer to this post on how to make and use the homemade templates.

Cutting out the cookie dough using a homemade template

Icing the cookies!

Although the designs look simple, to ice them perfectly is not as easy as it looks because geometric shapes are less forgiving to errors made in precision. Overall I am satisfied that they look neat enough on the whole :p.

With love,
Phay Shing

5 comments:

  1. They look fantasti! How far in advance can you make the cookies and ice them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These brown sugar cookies can keep very well. About one and a half months in airtight condition at cool room temperature :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome. I will have to try out the recipe for my daughter's birthday =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suey! Sorry for the super late response here. Hope it went well for your daughter's birthday!

      Delete