Tuesday 28 February 2017

Cute Neko (Cat) Chiffon Cake


Happy birthday my dearest Charissa! This is a cake for my 3rd child's 3 year old birthday! She loves cats so she requested for a cat cake this year. I love how simple 3 year olds are, how they are fascinated by the cats and birds in the surroundings, how they stop to smell the flowers. Sometimes I wish they don't grow up so fast =p

Hehe, so back to the cake, I used a tried and tested recipe that I've used many times, my Strawberry yoghurt-vanilla chiffon cake (recipe link in previous post). And for the cat, the same reduced egg yolk vanilla chiffon in 2 bowls and cake pops for the arms.

The teachers had asked whether the cat was a toy or could be eaten when I brought out the cake lol!

Ah, I rarely have cut slices of my cakes as they are almost always gifts or birthday cakes for other people. But I finally have a cut slice from today's cake a I was the mum-cum-official cake cutter lol. You can from the slice that the crumbs are very fine, tender and soft. The cake was finished in no time! But no one could bear to eat the face.. I think it's because there were no boys in the class. Usually the boys fight for the head while girls can't bear to eat it haha! My girls were fighting for the hidden marshmallows inside the cake! =)


With lots of love,
Susanne

****
Some good news to share! Deco Chiffon Cakes is on 2nd print run! I just received copies of the new run today. Thanks for your support!


First book Creative baking: Chiffon Cakes (3rd print run)


4 comments:

  1. Hi Susanne! Love your works (cakes). They are so pretty! Where can I find your books? And as beginner. Go for Book 1? Many thanks! Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susanne! Love your works (cakes). They are so pretty! Where can I find your books? And as beginner. Go for Book 1? Many thanks! Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. very much interesting blog of cakes that you write and that you decorating ... i am very happy to that your way of style are also very charming , very much interesting knowledge i liked very much for your communication , #Cakes in Dubai.. also one of the best and good point of sweets and cakes ,
    cheapness are the reason being that of this country and other areas people most prefer to sell their items

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that is very late replied but can't stop to me because the cake of cat design looking awesome and delicious.

    ReplyDelete