Thursday 6 December 2018

'Bees on a Beehive' Choux Pastry

I am taking this week to work really hard on my Deco Choux Pastry book, writing, test baking and re-writing where necessary. I am really excited about the creations because they are so whimsical and cute! Even those with simple design like heart shape. So those of you who are following me because of my macaron creations, I hope you don't mind that I will be filling my blog posts and social media platforms with more choux pastry creations because I feel they are so very under-represented in baking circles with limited designs.

I am sharing one that really made me smile 😊

Little bees on a beehive. All made from Choux au Craquelin!

Look at what you can do with traditional Paris Brest when you use your imagination! I had lots of fun with this entry. The bees have different styles of faces because I was trying out various designs to see which one works best so what you see here won't be exactly what is going into the book.


Lil' bees! Pardon the blur image because I was taking photos in a rush.

I am not free to share the recipe in the book but you may refer to some of my older posts that uses cookie dough on top of the pastry case like this post and this post. Just omit the matcha powder and add food colouring for the Craquelin part if you want to make the bees. I can't reveal in detail how to create the bee pattern too but I am sure you can figure it out easily!

Stay tuned for more cuteness! I will still have awesome macaron projects coming up in January and February so you won't miss much!

With love,
Phay Shing


No comments:

Post a Comment