Friday 27 February 2015

Minnie Mouse Chiffon Cake (my baby's 1st birthday)!


My dear little Charissa is turning 1 year old today! Time flies and can't believe my baby is growing up. The Minnie Mouse theme was suggested by my elder daughter Tintin as Charissa looks a little like the baby Minnie Mouse hee. The chiffon cake is made of charcoal and plain vanilla chiffon cake that is steam baked which gives it an ogura-like cottony quality. I find that steam baking really helps with the texture when not baking chiffon cakes in tube pans. The facial features and bow were cut and shaped from chiffon cake baked as layers in trays. That's her with her Minnie Mouse cake. The cake and balloon look big beside her!


May you continue to bring so much joy and grow up to be full of grace. Happy 1st Birthday Charissa!!

With lots of love,
Susanne


3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to Charissa ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susanne

    I would like to bake for my girl during her bday. Could you please advise how do you make the letters out. Thanks.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete