Sunday 22 September 2024

Succulents & Cacti Marshmallows in Butter Cake Pot

 I made this for my dad's birthday this year!


Made another simpler cake for my uncle's birthday too!


Both my dad and uncle love a little bit of gardening so I thought this theme is just right for them. The old school butter cake recipe can be found in this blog post. I included some prebiotic soluble fibres to make it healthier.

The succulents and cacti are made out of zephyrs, an agar-based marshmallow. Instead of using fresh egg whites, I used meringue powder. Those of you who bought my Deco Marshmallows book may be pleased to know using meringue powder works just as well! Please refer to this reel for the substitution and some visuals:


The zephyrs are coloured with a combination of matcha powder and gel food colouring.

Here are some pictures to share...

Piped marshmallows 


Butter cake pot with chopped toasted almond slices as the "soil"


A slice of the cake!


Dad posing with a cactus!

This is the reel with snippets of piping the succulents:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DAN_8s2y-Px/?igsh=MW5sbWg5YTZnanllMg==


Both Dad and Uncle loved the cakes!


with lots of love,

Phay Shing

1 comment: