Friday 31 May 2024

Sugar-Free Floral Blue China Chiffon Cake II

 I was inspired by floral patterned blue china porcelain for my mum's birthday cake this year as she loves flowers and watercolor painting. Here's what I made, and it's sugar-free!


I made the mini cake version a month ago and shared the detailed recipe there. You may refer to this post for the details.

What I made differently in this bigger version, was to include more but thinner layers. So this cake consists of 5 layers of sugar-free lavender rose chiffon sponge and 4 layers of vanilla rose diplomat cream, along with fresh strawberries and a strawberry-raspberry reduction brushed on sponge layers. I used the same honey lavender jelly coloured naturally with blue pea flowers for decoration at the sides of the cake, as well as wafer paper butterflies at the top and base.

You may see the reel here for the process of piping the batter, painting and assembly of the cake layers:


Just to share a few pictures:

Decorated top layer of sponge

A peek at the insides

Cross-section of a slice of cake 

My family couldn't tell that the cake was made with sugar replacements! They all found it delicious and fragrant, as did my taste testers for the mini cake trial bake!


with lots of love,

Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment