Wednesday 18 May 2022

Rainbow Unicorn Macaron Carousel

 I made this rainbow unicorn macaron carousel a couple of months ago and finally posting it!


I always preferred bakes without age and name for social media posts so I used the above as the cover picture. But actually the completed bake looks like this:


I used swiss meringue method to make the macaron shells.

Sharing a collage of the piped macaron batter. Please excuse the difference in colours of the carousel frame as it was due to camera auto white balance correction. I was running low on teal coloured batter so I used a little white batter on the large base shells. If you are interested to know how to pipe the swirl macarons, you may refer to my Macaron Basics book.The video tutorial linked to the book can be found in this post.

I used black edible marker and peach coloured lustre dust to decorate the unicorns.

I filled the carousel with vanilla ganache and dark chocolate ganache.



I have made many unicorn macaron carousels over the years but I think this set is the most elegant 😊


Follow me on Instagram at phay_shing if you would like to see more up-to-date bakes from me as I may not post everything in the blog in a timely manner.


with love,

Phay Shing



2 comments:

  1. If I may, how much does this cost? Your work is Gorgeous!!!! I only wish to one day make something that looks like yours.
    I have been using potato protein. Fresh egg whites are a no no in my state of Maryland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it would vary depending on how much plain rounds or character macarons cost in your country. My pricing varies depending on complexity of design and flavour of filling. This particular unicorn carousel took me 2 hours just to pipe the batter for 6 unicorns 😅. Regular rounds in Singapore can cost anywhere from $1.50-3.50 each .My macaron carousels can range form $80-130

      Delete