Wednesday 10 February 2021

'Puppy in a Mug' Valentine's Day special

I was going to start working on new Youtube content again but inspiration strikes! Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I decided to make something VDay themed, as well as take the chance to prepare some new class content. Presenting some adorable choux pastry puppies! 

"I give you some luv💕💕" 

The puppies, hearts and mugs are all made of choux pastry! You may refer to my book Deco Choux Pastries on how to make the choux au craquelin hearts as it is one of the entries there. The puppies aren't in the book but you can find the technique for making them in the book as I have similar animal designs to the puppy. The mugs were made by baking cylindrical choux cases in a metal mould lined with perforated mat, a technique similar to how I made the choo choo choux train. For the basic choux pastry batter and craquelin recipe, you may refer to this post. 

I made some puppies holding heart sprinkles and sitting in cupcake cases for April class material with Tottstore as this would be less challenging given the time constraint. 

I decided on lavender vanilla honey diplomat cream as the filling! 

And because it is VDay themed, my good friend said to me "You know the doggie with both eyes closed, it is just asking for a cupid's arrow to be in its head". And so, I decided to follow her suggestion and had a good laugh 🤣


Lovestruck 😍... Literally 😂... Ouch! 🤣


I hope these cute puppies put a smile on your face! Happy Valentine's Day in advance! 


With love,

Phay Shing

No comments:

Post a Comment