This is another love at first sight for me! I fell in love with the cute Reindeer cakes that have been trending! This is the very first Reindeer Chiffon Cake =)! It’s made from chocolate chiffon cake, which the kids love. I made it for my niece’s birthday this week =). Can’t wait to show it to them!
It’s very similar to the Unicorn chiffon cake. The Reindeer was derived from the unicorn cake design I think. Briefly, I baked a low sugar chocolate chiffon cake in a 6-inch chiffon tube pan, then decorated the chiffon cake with a wreath made from leaves and flowers cut out from chiffon sheet cakes.
Chocolate Chiffon Cake (Low sugar, 6-inch tube pan)
2 egg yolks
30g vegetable oil
33 ml boiled water
3 ml vanilla extract
40g cake flour
13g cocoa powder
1/5 tsp baking powder
Pinch of baking soda
Pinch of salt
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (I used steam baking but it's optional).
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar with whisk till pale yellow before stirring in oil, water and vanilla extract.
3. Add in sieved flour, cocoa and baking powder and soda, and whisk till no trace of flour found.
4. Meringue: Beat the egg whites with ¼ tsp cream of tartar till firm peaks, mixing in caster sugar in 2 additions.
5. Fold in the meringue gently into the batter 1/3 at a time.
6. Scoop the batter into the chiffon tin and gently tap the tin on table to remove air bubbles
7. Bake the cake for 15 min at 160°C then 25 min at 140°C, or until skewer comes out clean.
8. Invert immediately once out of the oven and leave to cool on cooling rack.
9. Unmould the chiffon cake by hand (‘Hand Unmoulding Chiffon Cake for a Clean Finishing’ video tutorial).
For the reindeer "hair", I baked pandan chiffon batter (darker and lighter shades) as sheet cakes and then cut out leaves using a leaf cutter. The chiffon Christmas wreath cake can also be found in my second cookbook Deco Chiffon Cakes. You also refer to my previous post on Unicorn chiffon cake on how to make the "hair"; the unicorn uses flowers.
I will actually be demonstrating how to assemble the Christmas wreath and Christmas cupcakes actually at this Saturday’s book launch demo at Kinokuniya, Ngee Ann City (2nd Dec, 4-5pm). You will also get to taste my cake after that =p. Hope you will find it useful!
With lots of love,
*Deco Chiffon Cake Basics book on 20% discount at Popular for Popular member now!
Hi Susanne, may i know which cocoa powder you are using?ReplyDelete
Thanks I'm using Bakeway and Redman. =)Delete
Are ur cookbooks available in Poplular Malaysia?ReplyDelete
Yes =) but only major Popular bookstores. Also at Kinokuniya and Naiise. ThanksDelete
Surveys For Money 2018ReplyDelete
Thousands make $500 -$3500 a month taking paid surveys online!
Companies will pay you money for your opinion.
You need to get started and gettng paid today.
Hi.. what are the differences between your three books? I plan to get one, but I'm not sure which one to get..ReplyDelete